Here are some of our favorite food spots, or explore on your own!
- Thorough Bread & Pastry ($) - Neighborhood bakery with delicious croissants and a great back patio.
- Panchita's ($) - Accessible by BART or Muni, taste authentic pupusas day or night at the 16th St location.
- Red's Java House ($) - Located along The Embarcadero, a local hangout for burgers and beers on the patio.
- Ferry Building ($-$$$) - Explore all the options first. A pork bun from Imperial Tea Court never hurts.
- Beit Rima ($) - Arabic comfort food and favorites served family style.
- Dumpling Time ($$) - Explore the world of dumplings at this Design District favorite.
- Giordano Bros ($) - Pittsburg style all-in-one sandwiches and a great beer list at this Mission favorite.
- Tommaso's ($$) - An pizza institution in North Beach since 1935. No reservations, so go early or late.
- El Buen Comer ($$) - Homestyle Mexican food. Just order "El Buen Comer" and they will do the rest.
- Il Casaro ($$) - Neopolitan style pizzas to die for. Locations in both North Beach and the Castro.
- House of Nanking ($$) - Great Chinese food on the edge of Chinatown. No reservations, but service is fast.
- Enjoy Vegeterian ($$) - Vegan/Vegeterian Chinese that is Barb approved!
- Shabu House ($$) - Japanese hot pot with all you can eat and/or all you can drink options. Kanpai!
A MEAL TO REMEMBER
- Cockscomb ($$$) - Find the entrance down an alley and step into the bustling open kitchen space. Either bring friends to share their specials of the day or sit at the chef's counter as a pair. Reservation recommended.
- La Ciccia ($$$) - Snag a hard to come by reservation and be rewarded with rustic Sardinian food. Accessable by the Muni J-Church.
- Fort Point Valencia ($) - Vibrant colors and great rotating taps highlight this SF brewery taproom.
- Thirsty Bear ($) - Organic brewery located in SoMa that is worth the stop.
- 21st Amendment Brewery ($) - Larger SF brewery near the Giants.
- Pier 23 Cafe ($) - Grab a beer and sit on the patio by the water during an Embarcadero walk.
- The Beehive ($$) - Craft cocktails in a '60s backdrop that will make you feel fancy.
- Zeitgeist ($) - Mission beer garden perfect for hipster watching or enjoying the fresh air.